Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things.

Things I hate:
People touching my laundry without permission. While I realize that I am almost certainly the only person on the planet who would not be thrilled at the thought of someone doing my laundry for me, I want to emphasize that I AM NOT thrilled at that thought. Reasons:
     1. I am crazy and anal-retentive and picky, and I fold all my shirts the same way, and I hang all of my clothes so that they face in the same direction. While I can handle these things being done differently, I will be irritated.
     2. I drip stuff on myself all the time. If you put my clothes in the dryer, you will almost certainly set a stain in my last remaining favorite shirt/sweatshirt that can still be worn in public. And then I will hate you.

David leaving for R-MA. I don't think that needs a whole lot of explanation. Relatedly,
     1. Going (carnally) insane after David leaves for R-MA and beating my head against the door.
     2. Being so ridiculously erratic in terms of my thoughts/outlook/desires. I am pretty sure people think I'm kidding when I say that sometimes my mind changes from one minute to the next. I'm not.


Things I don't so much hate:

Going to DC with David, despite the weather calling for 1-3 inches of snow, and spending all our time on the top floor of the Native American Museum, and then figuring out the bus system and riding/walking/standing around in the cold so that we could have dinner at the Turkish place where we ate for our second anniversary.

Getting to go to church with David.

Getting to go to Kelly's house and talk with her and her mom and Maggie, and watch Enchanted.

Seeing Christmas lights up around town. And speaking of which,
     That David will be around for the weekend that includes:
          The tacky lights tour (possibly in a limo!)
          Susannah and Mike's engagement party
          My Uncle Carter and Aunt Kay's Christmas open house
          The Haywards' Christmas caroling party
          and I don't know what else.


If I am not mistaken, I start (theoretically) getting paid for work tomorrow. Feel free to pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment