Saturday, July 10, 2010

Notes from today

Sometimes, people remember you better than you think.

If you walk under a flowering bush, possibly flowers will get in your hair. It will be pretty.

There is just something special about payday. Or rather, or also, something special about that day when you realize that your paycheck wasn't lost after all--only hiding, somehow, in the third place you looked. And the day you deposit that check and can afford gas. Something magical.

There is just no way at all to drive down the road listening to Ambulance LTD with the windows open and not feel like a badass. And that is a very good thing.

However, I still need an oil change. Millboro Garage, perhaps? Or I could just man up and do it myself. I guess.

Flowers in hair. Pretty. Ambulance LTD. Badass. Positivity overruling overdue oil changes! Anyway, I did add transmission fluid and clean the windshield and fill the gas tank. So there.

1 comment:

  1. As one with a terrible memory, I am often reminded of that first point. Particularly when someone says something that I didn't remember telling them. Unnerving, perhaps? Or encouraging? Or maybe just plain strange. But yeah, I certainly know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete