Sunday, February 13, 2011

V day eve.

I keep thinking of things I want to say and then forgetting them long before I have a chance to write them down. Story of my life, I guess, or part of it anyway. Frustrating. Here's something though, forgotten and remembered.

It was beautiful outside today. Gorgeous. And tomorrow promises to be even better, and Tuesday better than that. Today the temperature got up to 59 degrees, and I spent the afternoon moving small trees with my boss, marveling at the early crocuses sprung up from the winter earth, mucking about in the dirt and cold mud. It was glorious. After the sun set, the air smelled so fresh. It was such a wonderful smell. I wish I could bottle that. There isn't anything like it.



Another thing from today: this evening I washed the same load of laundry for the third time this weekend. I have forgotten it twice now, and it has begun to mildew before I remember it both times. I need to go put it in the dryer now, actually, before I forget for the third time. And do the dishes. And take a shower. And go to sleep.


Come to think of it, what happened to my plans for the evening? I come home, and I open this computer, and they just slip away. I was going to go to the store, get some box valentines, maybe make some chocolate deliciousness to hand out to friends tomorrow. Maybe I will still hit the store before bed. I mean, hell, I'm still awake. Obv I'm not making truffles but I could still pick up a box of Ninja Turtles cards if I'm lucky. We'll see. Laundry first.

No comments:

Post a Comment