Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

I always have the urge to talk about issues I have with people here, rather than face-to-face with the person concerned. It's a fine line in a lot of ways. I'm trying to resist. Relatedly,

This past weekend had some really great moments and some really, really bad ones. Also some okay ones. Here's what I've realized upon reflection: I want to be romanced. I don't want to be obnoxious or high maintenance or anything like that, but every once in a while it would be nice to get some kind of surprise "I care about you so much I put this thing together to surprise you" type thing. Even surprise flowers.
I mean, I know that if I want that, I should be doing the same thing. And I do try, though I'm not great at it. A lot of the time if I do think of something of that nature, I'm so bad at keeping my mouth shut that I just have to tell the person (in this case, David) about it, and ruin the surprise. And then it's a lot less special. But I do try.


I still need to call somebody and set up counseling. How much does that kind of thing cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment