Monday, November 29, 2010

Because I am an addict.

One last thing, while I wait for my Airborne nightcap* to fizz itself out: tonight is beautiful. It's finally dropped down below freezing, and do you know what that means? It meas frozen dewdrops. Every leaf, blade of grass, bush, mailbox, and trash can glittered in the glow of the street and porch lamps like... like the first frost. There isn't anything like it. I strongly suspect that this was the inspiration for the whole idea of "fairy dust." I discovered this world of awesomeness as I returned to my dorm at 5:30 am freshman year after an all-night soul-searching man-hating angry-crying joke-telling insult-throwing hangout on our favorite couch. She was in the middle of a rather terrible breakup with the man who is now her husband. We bonded over a whole lot of those conversations.




















*Speaking of which, I think I really must be coming down with something. The runny nose and the persistently sore throat, combined with the fact that I am ravenous despite all of the mini meals I've eaten today (it was a snacking sort of day--there never really was an organized sit-down eat time) don't lie. Feed a cold, starve a fever, right? Must be a cold. Eff. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment