Sunday, June 13, 2010

Camp

There have been about a hundred (or ten or fifteen, whatever) things I've been meaning to write about, but there's never time, I'm never alone with the computer (even now), etc.

Things include:
emotions (of course)
new staff
old staff whom I love
information from training with Paul
     about drugs
     about disorders
     about relationships
     about working with kids
     about working with coworkers

Also, information I read about meant to write before I even came here:
I'm sure I won't communicate it as well as it was communicated to me, but there's a woman somewhere and I don't remember her name, but she lives in the present, and it makes her free, and she uses it to help make other people free. So much (possibly all) of our stress is caused not by what's actually going on, but by worry. So she says,

make a list of the things that are bothering you.

Read the first item. Ask yourself,
"Is it true?"
"Can I be absolutely certain that it's true?"
"How does believing that this is true make me feel?"

My delivery isn't the best. But the article was rather powerful. I'll see if I can find it, or find what I wrote down.



Tonight, I walked into the swim hole with my cell phone in my pocket, and was in for about ten minutes before I realized what had happened. I have six years of phone numbers on that phone, and three years of pictures and (carefully culled) text messages. And we don't even have any rice! Or at least, I can't find any, so my phone is in a bag of oatmeal and noodles right now. Awesome. I don't have money for a new one, either. I'm pretty upset about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment