Sunday, January 16, 2011

Maybe I should re-title this blog.

"Midnight Dog Walking in Va."

It's a wonder I get any hits. I swear I'll stop talking about the moon though when Sara stops insisting that she likes what I say even when I say silly crap. Or at least I'll think about stopping.

Seriously though, I promised myself I wasn't going to do it tonight. I even closed my computer before we went outside. I should have gone ahead and shut it down completely. I just... I just don't even know what to do with myself. I look up and I see the moon with that round rainbow halo it gets around it sometimes, hanging up there and shining through the tree branches, and it's so perfect I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I could just stop time and stare at it forever. I get the same way every time I hear wild water running. You're lucky that there's only so much one can say about the sound of the creek at the bottom of the hill. But then, I guess some might say the same thing about the night sky. It has a moon, it has a bunch of stars, there are clouds sometimes, the end. But, you know, where there's a will, there's a way. I was going to throw in a quote about obsession, but my three-second Google search only yielded quotes about how "[x] is my obsession." How profound.

On another note, I would like to say that I am completely disgusted with myself for being up until 3 am. Again. This is so stupid.




EDIT:

Just kidding! Found one! Lucky you.

"I do not think that obsession is funny or that not being able to stop one's intensity is funny."
Jim Dine 

No comments:

Post a Comment