Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I call this the "if it ain't broke, fix it bitter" tour.

1(a

le
af
fa
ll

s as)
one
(girl sits
sits
sits
and reads
reads
sleeps
sits as friends
travel
write
leave her a
l
one)
l

iness


thanks to E. E. Cummings.




In other news: job offer from Banker's Life and Casualty Company. This was sort of exciting until I realized that hiring me would constitute absolutely no risk for the company whatsoever, as my pay would be based entirely on commission. I'd be surprised if they didn't hire almost everyone who applied. Also, to get licensed to sell insurance, I'd have the honor of paying out about $300 to various people for classes and tests and permission from the state and whatnot--non-reimbursable. Sounds great, don't it?
Also on the job front, I interviewed today with Mad Science, a company whose goal is to get kids excited about science, and a company which seems much more up-front, open, and honest, and awesome, in just about every way. I mean, obviously I wouldn't have anything close to the earning potential I would at Banker's Life, but I probably wouldn't hate my job, either. As an added bonus, they'll hire me for free! (If they hire me. Let's not get nit-picky.)

No comments:

Post a Comment