Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nearly Worthless Day

Due to not sleeping pretty much at all recently, I stayed in bed for ages this morning. I woke up twice, once to a call to schedule an interview, and the second time to a call from my friend Mike, telling me that a good friend of his was just killed in a Marine training accident. I didn't know the guy at all, but it's all very sad.

I got up and watched A Beautiful Mind for the first time, and it was so good. Hard to watch, but a really wonderful movie. Annd, here are some quotes from it that I loved:

"God must be a painter. Why else would we have so many colors?"

"Nothing's ever for sure, John. That's the only sure thing I do know."

"I'm sorry, just give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance."



Just at the end of the movie Chloe came home and watched part of 27 Dresses. Just as that ended, our cousin Lucy came over to borrow the juicer, and just as she left, Chloe's friend Anna came to pick her up for dinner. All this matters because Anna didn't arrive until 6:45 or so, and I needed to drive out to Camp (again) tonight for a retreat in the morning. I didn't get out here until 10:30.

Who cares, right? But I felt the need to type something. And I'm tired as hell and annoyed that I have to be out of the house at 7:30 tomorrow morning. So upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment