Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I've missed work today. I didn't really intend to, but I woke up, took a vitamin, put in contacts, got dressed, went to put my shoes on and check email, and then was hit by a sudden, strong wave of nausea. Thinking that this was caused by the multivitamin taken without food, I rushed into the kitchen with one shoe on and my ankle brace half-laced to hurry some cereal into my stomach. It seemed to help for a moment, but then I again felt that I might vomit. Or something. I called in and planned to go in once I felt better, but although I do feel "better," I still feel sort of ill, and I look like hell. Not messy, but "like hell" in an "are you ill?" sort of way. I tried napping, but I feel the same and now my shift is over. This sucks because
a) I left Drew on his own,
b) I needed the money, and
c) I was looking forward to the spring cleaning we're doing in the store.

But I work with food, and I guess I shouldn't go if there's much of a chance that I'm sick or becoming so. Hopefully I'll improve quickly. I have a feeling that this is somehow related to my meltdown last night, but other than fatigue I don't really see how. Physical symptoms like this are possible of course, but seem unlikely. Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. ugh, i'm so sorry you're feeling awful! physically and otherwise...

    ReplyDelete