Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Saw "How To Train Your Dragon," with David. I hadn't expected much from it, but it actually turned out to be pretty awesome. I was a little upset afterward that we hadn't gone for the 3D, but I guess I will next time. David came back and had dinner (cold sliced grocery-store rotisserie chicken and spinach salad with cheddar cheese and olive-oil-and-pomegranate-red-wine-vinegar dressing--decidedly low effort*) with me and my dad. Everything seemed relatively easy and normal, and then eventually the evening wound down, and we found ourselves talking about difficulty and sadness, among other things. David is doing better overall, and I am so glad that he is. The downside though is that since his depression was in large part the catalyst of this break or breakup, it's now hard to remember sometimes why we're doing this.


Slightly later in the evening, I made some frozen yogurt with cinnamon and honey for myself and Chloe. It was decent, but might've been better with more honey in the mix. The tartness of plain yogurt seems to cover over a lot, and it's difficult to mix things in later.





















*We apologize for the fault in the subtitles hyphens.

1 comment:

  1. I think fruits or jelly would be really really good in this. Even pie filling cans or something... The crappy cherry/blueberry etc flavors? The idea of on demand home made frozen yogurt sounds awesome!

    We saw HTTYD in Imax 3D and it was super awesomely amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a normal movie on Imax, and it really really delivered. I recommend!

    I'm glad you and David had a nice afternoon/evening.

    ReplyDelete