Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New shower head test results are in: that thing is wonderful.


Also, I feel it should be mentioned regarding the last post that I am conscious of the fact that "I might've" sort of expects, if you will, an "except for" response, similar to an "if...then" clause. I did think about this, but there wasn't really a reason I didn't call. Self respect, maybe? Or maybe it was that I was at work. Or maybe that I don't feel that I can ask a non-boyfriend guy to sit there while I (possibly) lose my mind. But really, as they say, there but for the grace of God go I. Today is sunnier, both literally and metaphorically speaking. Also, incidentally, David is in town and we are going to the cheap showing of "How To Train Your Dragon." I guess it's sort of an experiment. I consider it progress that when I called him at 4* and he was 30 minutes away from my house and had not yet checked movie times, I was angry. I would say that anger is a great improvement over listless heartbreak.

On a sadder note, I have discovered that GranFan, my great aunt (by marriage) and the Williams family matriarch, passed away this afternoon at 12:30. I am much sadder than I would have expected, considering that I didn't know her well and hardly ever spoke to her. I guess I am sad for the grief so many of my cousins and aunts and uncles are and will be feeling, and my parents as well. I think that her death also feels like the passing of an era, the ending of an age. She was (to the best of my knowledge) the last of her generation in that part of the family. When I called and told my dad today, he just said, "I've known her since I was two."















*It is important to note here that I had earlier mentioned that the movies are only $5.50 at a particular theater, and only between 4 and 5:00.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're going to see how to train your dragon! I loved it sooo much, seriously. <3. I'm also really glad the shower head is amazing!

    I'm really sorry to hear about your granfran. Hugs to you and your family... That's really, really hard.

    ReplyDelete