Thursday, January 28, 2010

a mostly unedited brief freewrite. (notepad is oh so my friend.)

I just want to write. I don't have a story to tell. I just want to write bec ause I love the act of writing. I love words, I love moving my fingers over a keyboard. I love words. Where I get stuck is when I feel like I have to write something good, something worth reading. when I step underneath all this pressure and try to shoulder it. "Oh! that was so beautiful! I must write something equally beautiful about it!"

and that's all wrong. that's not the right way, the right thing, not the way to think. and certainly not the right way to write something good.

ALSO, when I think of something good, the thing to do is not to think further (I mean that part is, but this next part is not) and then...nothing. and then not go write it down. forget all the graceful phrasing about haloes and love makes beauty and god and the sun and energy and beauty are all the same but not the same. forget the words about the smell of the tree and the rough ivy clinging to the bark. about the tree's acceptance. go play on facebook instead, and forget the things you love. ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I just read this after sending you an email. Ironically it's right on topic. Writing for the sake of writing makes a good writer. Good post.

    ReplyDelete