Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mulling

Somehow, I have this craving--often--for a website that is me, and people who love me. I look for a reflection of my real self and my real affections and loves and relationships on the internet. I guess I look for affection and perhaps for purpose, for a solid idea of who I am, that I haven't figured out how to find and hold on to in real life. Of course, it's never there. I know it will never be there. But I get this craving and I go stare at my facebook profile for a moment, and then at my blog front page, hoping and searching. And then I usually either go to www.flickriver.com or go wander around the house. Sad, right?


The Electric Crowd has just come on the radio. Public radio on the weekend really is so good. I don't usually listen to it--I never remember and I'm often out on weekends--but it's so great. Prairie Home Companion, Out of the Blue Radio Review, The Mountain Stage, The Electric Crowd, The Thistle and Shamrock, Piano Jazz... wonderful, wonderful programming.



I rode the shuttle back to my side of town with aching thighs and an aching lower back from wandering around the Festival all day and from dancing like a crazy person to Haitian music with Kelly, Maggie, Junior, and Erica. It was pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment