Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tonight!

First, an excerpt from my Blogger stats page:


Pageviews all time history
2,222


Pretty cool, huh? Now, on to business.



TONIGHT ZOMG I SAW THE COOLEST THING EVER. You are just going to have to suck it up and forgive me for typing in all caps, because it really, really was that cool. I made Miley wait until nearly 9pm for a walk, and I am so glad I did. I also let her lead me down a cul-de-sac that we don't usuall walk, and I am so glad I did. Halfway down the street I happened to glance up into the sky and saw the most enormous, spectacular shooting star that I have ever witnessed. It was incredibly bright and slightly orange, and had this ridiculously long tail streaming out behind it. It had already begun when I looked up, and I saw it fly for a couple of seconds, at which point it broke into two pieces and fell a little farther behind the trees. If a normal shooting star is this big (.), this one was about this big (*). And with the tail, it looked about like this, only far more starlike and linear: *.................

It was really amazing.



As a side note, I highly recommend an extendable leash for single-dog walks. Miley is about 60-70% more obedient and less infuriating when she's on one, though it's probable that her socialization this weekend helped a lot. For instance, after being walked at a few gas stations next to the road, she shows significantly less excitement and thus less noise when a car passes us in the neighborhood. Fantastic.


Next, I want to announce that I actually cooked myself dinner tonight. People who know me well, particularly Chris I'd think, will be properly impressed by this. I turned on the stove. I made a two-egg omelette* in olive oil with green pepper, red onion, garlic, and grated parmesan. Really good, and I wasn't even forced. It's just that there's no one home and no non-frozen leftovers and I didn't want Raisin Bran.


Next, this is super cool:




And lastly, this is super true (as corroborated by virtually everything I've ever read that wasn't written by an employee of one of these companies) and not cool:
















*This is code for "scrambled eggs with stuff"

1 comment:

  1. Wowww! That's amazing... I saw one shooting star like that last year in CA.. but it was during an actual meteor shower so we were expecting them!

    ReplyDelete