Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Night walks

Obviously eleven pm is not a good time for a yappy little dog to be doing her party popper noisemaker thing, right? The only way to keep Miley from barking at the beginning of a walk* is to throw the front door open and hit the ground running. While I still keep forgetting and wearing my flip flops rather than tennis shoes, tonight I did at least remember to throw on the front porch light to prevent a barking vs neck breakage conundrum on the (brick) front steps. I clipped the leash, pulled the door open, and flew out into the fresh darkness. We were out of the yard and halfway down the block before I heard the screen door slam.




















*Assuming she hasn't been outside within the past hour or two, and I am so not willing to walk her every two hours after sundown just to prevent this--especially considering that if she doesn't get walked late at night, somebody is getting woken up at 4 or 5 am.

1 comment: