Thursday, September 30, 2010

On gratitude.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there's something not quite right about people standing around saying "it's nice, but it's just not enough" about all the rainfall we've had this week. I mean, yes, everyone knows that six or so inches is not going to make up for the hundred plus* (or so I hear?) inches that we're down, but seriously? It's been raining for days. I think it's okay to be grateful for that, and maybe even a little happy about it. Nobody likes the kid who, when given a piece of candy, says "Um, thanks, I guess. I wanted a truck of those though."
























*This was said in reference to a lake, by the way. Not to our annual rainfall.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! The rule I've been developing is: Be happy when you get rain. PERIOD! (Though, I suppose to be fair one must admit that it is possible to get too much of a good thing.)
    (Also granted, I am now living in a desert... so this could be a little biased.)

    ReplyDelete