Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am still tired--I've been having a lot of trouble falling asleep lately, which is stupid--but I'm so glad I got to help Sus and Mike move yesterday. I wish it were feasible for me to go up to DC and help them move in today. I was thinking about this as I failed to fall asleep, and it occurred to me that I love to create order. I know that sounds sort of stupid to anyone who knows me because my stuff is always such a mess, but I think that because there's so much entropy in my head (/heart, emo emo), I like to make order with my hands. Usually this means moving furniture, or in this case consolidating boxes and packing furniture into a truck. I love the puzzle of trying to make things take up as little space as possible. The puzzle of how to keep them from sliding, sort of but not so much.

Relatedly, I need to sharpen my pocket knife. It wasn't really a fan of cutting all that nylon rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment