Saturday, May 29, 2010

I was finally ready to do laundry, now that I've almost completely run out of clothes. I threw everything in a laundry basket. I carried it downstairs. I loaded the washer. I realized we have no laundry detergent.

This is why I recognize most of the people who work the night shift at our Wal-Mart.



Next topic: Susannah is getting married in eight days. How in the world is that possible? That means that we're setting up for the rehearsal dinner this week, and that the actual rehearsal dinner is in seven days. Next week, the first one of my best friends will be a married woman. Unbelievable.

She asked me to give a toast at the reception, which is really an honor and also sort of scary. I need to get on that.


Also, I need some monies. This is an issue. Camp, start. Ready go. My mother did tell me today about a woman who goes to our church that's looking for someone to manage an apartment complex nearby. I don't really know what's involved with managing an apartment complex, but I'm guessing it has a lot to do with keeping track of money and maintenance and who's renting and when leases are up, and I can totally do that. Omg please hire me. Preferably, please hire me in the fall. The fall would be good. So I'm going to try to talk to her at church tomorrow and be extremely charming and personable and become friends and get hired.

By the way, being an apartment manager means having an apartment rent-free. It means dreams coming true.

After talking to apartment woman and making friends and going to church, we'll be heading two hours in some direction to pick strawberries, because tomorrow is Chloe's birthday and for her birthday she wants to pick strawberries in the mountains. Also she told us this morning that she wants that orange cake--the really delicious one that takes three days to make. Man, we are so good at planning birthdays in advance. We should start a party-planning service or something. We would be rich. In lawsuits.
















I want to offer my sincerest apologies for the overabundance of italicized words in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment